Introduction Booking your holiday is always an exciting time but one thing that can put a downer on it is the thought…
Since the COVID-19 lockdown began, most of us are staying inside our home wondering when life will become normal. An entire scientific research community has been trying their best to avoid the spread of the virus and finding a vaccine. However, a few experts have made it clear that this can be made easier with a little help from the technology. Most importantly, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been involved in the process of assisting the limitations of human knowledge in this massive subject. Machine learning, also known as the backbone of Artificial Intelligence, help us maintain a large amount of data. It can help us predict future outcomes as reveal insights about the data. To keep it simple and efficient, we intend to make you understand how AI can help us during Covid-19.
- Artificial Intelligence makes it easy to understand and track the spread of Coronavirus. A Canadian based AI company BlueDott developed an AI program that alerted the world about the virus. The application was designed to predict the disease, locate and track its spread. China used the technology to trace and flag possible carriers of the virus. They also used AI-powered smart glasses to detect people with fever and other easily traceable symptoms.
- The technology helped various countries with image scanning analysis and reducing hospital staff workloads. Several AI features are now used with chest screening that can highlight lung abnormalities in a chest X-ray scan and display risk evaluation faster than human radiologists. This feature is mostly used at airports, hospitals, offices and other places.
- Many hospitals and other institutions are using robots to avoid human contacts and help patients. A few Chinese companies are using drones and robots to perform contactless delivery and to spray disinfectants in public places. Robots are also checking people for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Contact-tracing apps developed using Artificial Intelligence are doing an excellent job by tracking people who are most likely to be infected. For example, if a person has tested positive with the virus, authorities collect information of people that have been in contact with the infected person. This feature allows them to trace those individuals and make them isolate from spreading the virus to more people.
- AI-based self-assessment applications are being developed to help people take safety precautions by answering a few questions to trace their potentiality of getting infected by COVID-19. For example, the Indian government developed an application called Arogya Setu which can help the citizens to take a self-assessment test to check if they are safe or not. The app also provides data about those who tested positive within the area of the user.
Artificial Intelligent has helped us fight COVID-19 in various situation. It has mostly played a significant role in the healthcare sector. AI consistently goes on to prove to us that we can no longer resist adopting this technology in our daily life.